1.2.11

Life is but a paradox.

The more you live to think about it, the more it seems ironic to you. Well at least to me.

Some people don’t understand the true meaning to time value of money. If money have time value through compounding, it would eventually means that time have monetary value. Wasting time = wasting money, no? It is indeed common mistake to put money away and lose its time value but I really don’t see why people could spend their time away just to save a few bucks. Example? People could spend hours stuck in traffic not forgetting the petrol used to save for a toll of 2 bucks? Enlighten me please.

After all...

=p

The concept of sales also fascinates me. I think it can be said to be one of the greatest creation of all time. Really, whoever that invented it deserves a Nobel Price! Can you imagine the fact that it can make people fight through crowds, wait enormously long queue, spend more money and yet appear at the end of the day, happy, even proud and saying “I saved money!” Ahh, the power of sales, incredible!!!

Maybe it’s true, buying in bulk may save in the long run but what amazes me even more is that people would bargain and try to squeeze in every penny from a small purchase, from a shirt to a shoe to some souvenirs but never did it cross their mind to get a better price in large purchase, like securities or their housing. Truly remarkable.

It also just hit me that life as a whole nowadays is like a paradox. We exist to enjoy or to a lesser extent, survive. In such a monetary idolizing world, money is essential to survival which brings us to working. In working, we stress, we struggle, we crack our brains to get better pay, to get better living conditions. So why to we make our lives hard in the first place just so that in our ultimate goal is to make life simple? This is indeed a paradox harder to solve that any mathematical question. And I guess my life will soon be part of it, however so unwilling I am to be part of it. Which brings me to the point that people also never do things they know are right, and on the contrary, do the otherwise. Weird ain’t it?

I guess even I...

=X



And i wish everything can be this simple =D Ignoring the world.

Also, I guess relationship matters are becoming a paradoxical scenario for me. I am no expert, in fact, I’m even far from being a noob. People try so hard to seek for a true love, but when love do come, they are unsure and afraid to grab hold of it. And sometimes, when they finally want to take it, it seems too late and all is already lost.

Maybe, part of loving is letting go. How ironic!

No comments:

Post a Comment