1.1.11

Resolutions

Day 1 for 2011.

I didn't celebrate the countdown for 2011 to much people's surprise, except those who already knew me well enough. I don't understand why! What is the big fuss about being a brand new year if you can't even treasure every brand new day?

Well, i guess it's a social obligation to celebrate and that makes me, socially inept?

Moving on the resolutions. Every year, we made them and break them and again and again. I guess the whole purpose of making them seems more of a routine than a motivational magnet to propel us forward nowadays. Rather than list of stuff that i promise myself to achieve this year, i will in fact make just one resolution, which is...



Simple as that. Do we actually need to be anything else?

On a more focused page, i really would like to concentrate more on my social skills. I do know it's one of my greatest weakness, but hey doesn't that make me who i am? Doesn't changing it makes me being a 'fake' person. Must i really say and pretend to be interested in some conversation even though it is boring as hell just to be fit in? I don't know. Fitting in just isn't my thing i guess, some people are born with it and some people (like me) just have to learn to suck it all out.

I really don't know if it's my personality that i am born with or its a childhood brought up thing but my sis and dad sure don't have any problems. I just don't like to be in large crowd of people i hardly know or in crowded places for that matter. And i'm also not the type who would go to you in the first day of school and say "Hi, my name is Arthur, we should be friends!" I am also not the kinda of person who would easily struck up conversation, much less interesting ones. Even with close friends, i usually prefer listening than talking. Tell me what does that make me ??

Before, it doesn't pose itself to me as something of major concern. I am fine very much being alone doing my stuff. Furthermore, i think i am lucky enough to get to know really good friends along the way that are enough (more than enough shall i say) to keep me occupied. How i met them and being part of that social circle is still very much a mystery to me! But now, it seems that it is the cavalry of my war - Essential for my victory. Calling a foreign land home is cool as it sound but people never see the difficulties, well for someone like me. Without the support of family, i think getting a few good friend there is of importance especially in times of trouble and to make the journey more fun. And with my social prowess, i had a hard time and will still have them if effort is not made. Another major concern will be job hunting. It is to my understanding that employers do not prefer socially inept people especially when they have so much highly talented well rounders to choose from. Enough said right?

Life is easy when we live in mediocre. But what i wanna do is...



So, life is hard, but who cares! I'd rather be hard than to be dead. =D

No comments:

Post a Comment