17.1.11

Remote island or island remoted?

Men in general judge more by the sense of sight than by the sense of touch, because everyone can see but only a few can test by feeling. Everyone sees what you seem to be, few know what you really are; and those few do not dare take a stand against the general opinion.
Niccolo Machiavelli – The Prince

I must admit that I was a little disappointed last week. As my IELTS classes are starting this week, I would be pretty busy studying and finishing up my to-do list and so I thought I should go out with friends while I still could. But I guess everyone’s busy with their own stuff, and I do feel a bit left out. It's not that I didn’t expect it when I first came back, but actually feeling it is another matter. Maybe it’s just me, still living in my own chilling world, but everyone seems to have moved on, working.

And so I am confused. When I were still in university/ college, I thought I was way too mature to be thinking about investment, or working, saving up money and preparing oneself for their dreams. I was told to have fun. And have fun I did. Now that I came back and try to have fun, everyone seems to be in the trance state I was a couple of years ago, not that I am no longer in one, but probably in a lesser extent. So, is it me…??? Or Bazinga! I'm sucker-punched? (Sry, recently addicted to Bing Bang theory, it's sooo good!=)

I guess i am just weird. Those outlier in an evenly distributed graph or speck lying outside the galactic rim, lost and strange. Maybe there's a little Asperism in me after all, huh?

No matter, whether i am moving away from the crowd or if the crowd is moving away from me, i will continue to be who i am. If this is how it will go, if this is what it takes so be it!

No comments:

Post a Comment