7.1.10

Resolutions


Its the time of the year again where everything of the past is like something distant to us, and the coming moments are breathing with new hopes and life. Welcome to 2010, a year of change for me. For even at the very first few days of the year, shocking news and great change had made it to my life. I can't see this is not the end, only the beginning of a even more fiery and challenging roller coaster ride. But before i depart from the station, one has to have a destination, or else we wont go anywhere at all. So these are my new year resolutions...

1. Take life more seriously. Life has always been a game for me and it still feels that way to me. I felt like i was watching myself, playing a character in this vast place called earth. But it is time to take it to another level, to truly live it. This does not mean i'll be serious all the time and become even more boring, taking life more seriously would be me working harder to make things happen, whatever it is.

2. Focus. I think this is what i lacked, in person. I can do things well if i want to but lose interest pretty fast and i never ever bother to do things i don't like. So, this year, i'll have to focus on things that matters to me most and do them good. I know what i want in life but never concentrated in achieving it. Not anymore!

3. Improve self presentation. I've always been a supporter of inner beauty against the outer. I never really concentrated on what i wear, how i look, who am i in the mind of others because i believed exterior beauty are insignificant and non-eternal. The heart and personality is what matters most. They still are to me but i have to admit that in this society, they play a role much more important that i thought. Our clothing, attire and presentation tells a great deal of who we are, maybe more than we can say through our conversation. So, its time for me to dress-up a little!

4. Exercise. Even with ample of time in Aussie does not give me the motivation to spent it in the gym. Maybe its the unfamiliarity with the environment or the whether that caused this , i have been less fit physically since a year ago. Excuses aside, i really need to buckle up and take back my old habit of a regular exercise! Wealth with no health is a waste!

5. Improve. Self-improvement is one of my life long goals. It is not that i never know what is enough but the fact is in this competitive environment, if you don't improve, you deteriorate. That is how it is. Improving for my comes in many aspects. First in studies. Second in general knowledge which i have a long way to go. So more books and newspapers this year! Third would be my observation, analytical and deduction skill. I have found these skills particularly important in every aspect of life and it is to my great shame that i lacked all 3 of them. So i guess this year needs much work!

Well, these are my 5 main resolutions which i wish to achieve this year. Of course, discipline is what i need to achieve them. Hopefully, at the end of 2010is ride, i will be where i want to be. I hope we all will be.


Move forward!

3 comments:

  1. do u actually need any of them sides no.3?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Once again, i'm often misunderstood. Haha... Well, i haven't really achieve anything significant in life yet, have I? So that's what no. 1, 2 and 5 for. As for no. 4, its just a way of life. >.-

    ReplyDelete